We are delighted to share with you that we have successfully completed this year’s Notebook Drive Initiative.
Notebooks are an essential aid for learning. And many children from rural Govt. schools are unable to afford basic amenities, like notebooks and stationary, which becomes a deterrent in their learning process. The Notebooks Drive Initiative focuses on providing underprivileged children from Govt. Lower Primary Schools essential notebooks and stationary for the new academic year.
- This year we distributed over 5000 notebooks to 900 children in 25 remote rural government schools in Bangarpet.
- This is over two times more than the number of children we reached out to last year, and ten times more than the number of children when we started off four years ago.
- This year, apart from notebooks, we also distributed stationary – pencils, erasers, scales, pencil boxes and crayons for all students.
- The notebooks drive event was also covered by many local and state newspapers, this was very encouraging.
- We were touched by the efforts of Transera Communications (Bangalore), who not only raised funds for the Notebook Drive this year, but also drove down to Bangarpet to sort and distribute the notebooks and stationary to the children personally. A group of five volunteers gave away over 300 notebooks to delighted children.
An initiative of this scale is not possible to execute single-handedly. Many hands have reached out to us and in turn to these children to make sure that they don’t miss out on such basic amenities, that many of us take for granted.
Thank you for your trust, encouragement and support.